Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Unrequited Is A Bladed Word


This wasn't supposed to be my entry for today. But my friend gave me this really witty letter that made me smile and rethink my love patterns. Included in that letter is this poem by Eileen Tabios...tagos sa puso! Read on:


UNREQUITED IS A BLADED WORD
Eileen Tabios

Unrequited is owned and operated.
Unrequited is so much pretty than unwanted.
Unrequited is the moving story of a love that wasn't meant to be.
Unrequited is a crushing yoke; but if you see love as a game...

Unrequited is the worst state to be aware of.
Unrequited is a damp match at the worst possible time.
Unrequited is something that crops up in your songs.
Unrequited is all I see.

Unrequited is star.
Unrequited is a different story.
Unrequited is a tune that reminds me of time spent in Geneva.
Unrequited is a two part invention for piano.

Unrequited is an acute tension that worked Baudelaire to the bone.
Unrequited is a bladed word.
Unrequited is underscored with both rumbling bass baritones and lilting vocals.
Unrequited is quelled.

Unrequited is meltingly done.
Unrequited is my longing for a name I dare not say.
Unrequited is far more important than what is.
Unrequited is up to the gentle reader.

Unrequited is the saddest love of all.
Unrequited is not anulled simply by graciousness.
Unrequited is always worth cherishing.
Unrequited is not love.

No comments:

Post a Comment