Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Forgetting About Jay

***What the ----! I don't care anymore who reads this entry. Even if it's the two people involved. I don't care....really.

As Pablo Neruda said, Love is so short, forgetting is so long. Although what I felt for Jay can hardly be qualified as love (duh!?!?), still forgetting him is hard. Yuck, cheesy...but hey! Try having him around you for six straight hours and see if it makes the task easier!

A certain workmate complains about my falling for him (FYI, he's the guy I was talking about in my "Dying With Jealousy" entry). Says that this certain "accident" flushes all their efforts down the drain. A little back story...

The stupid one that I was, I confessed that I was crushing on Jay (I didn't exactly blurt it out as if I was in kindergarten...it was supposed to be a secret...but...LONG STORY). Jay, the conceited one that he was (!), took this confession to heart. Well, he asked me (in my drunken state...whoo, boy!) - whether it was meant as a joke or not, I can never tell now - "Karen, do you wanna lose your virginity to me?" I was offended - with his words but not with him. And yes, everybody who was present was also offended. Including this particular workmate. And so the next day, she (yes, she's a she) gave him a piece of her mind. Then yada, yada...he ended up not talking to me. Honestly, I was hurt. And thus began my long journey along the paths of jealousy (he began getting close to this girl...who is very nice...but whom I've started to resent...oh, bad, bad, bad!!! Really, I like this girl...I just don't like her when we're talking in the context of Jay. Arrrgh!!!!).

But hey, no matter how hard forgetting seem to be one still needs to get there. And I can now honestly say - for the first time in the past week - that I'm starting to tread that painful yet worthy path of forgetting...

Jay...

1 comment:

  1. NO.

    Now Karen repeat after me.

    I guess this quote from Madonna (yes, that Madonna. ^_^)

    "The things you can walk away from are the things you hold on to."

    ReplyDelete