Saturday, February 12, 2011

Vanity Kit: Maybelline Make-Up Remover, A Review

Having recently been reacquainted with the joys of make-up play, I have started to again wear my favorite make-up item daily: the mascara. After a few days of wearing my favorite mascara, though, I noticed that I kept waking up with raccoon eyes. Clearly, my usual honey face and make-up cleanser was not enough to combat the ever persistent waterproof mascara. So I shopped around for a good eye make-up remover.

I had my heart set for the L'Oreal Lip and eye make-up remover since my good friend Bianca highly recommends it - alas, it was out-of stock in the four malls I've been to. And if I wanted to keep wearing my dramatic lashes, I had to find an alternative stat. So I settled for Maybelline's Eye & Lip Make Up Remover. I thought, since it's the same brand as the mascara I use, maybe it will work.

It did. Sort of.

When I first tried out Maybelline's make-up remover, it seemed to have done its job as my mascara (and shadow and liner) was cleaned out after the first swipe. I also loved the fact that it was unscented and didn't sting my eyes. It was mighty effective in cleaning out lipstick, too.

What I didn't love, though, is that I still woke up with hints of black under my eyes. And this happened the next day, as well. I realized that Maybelline's make-up remover doesn't really entirely clean out waterproof mascara. So on the third night, I had to redo swiping my eyes. That did the trick.

Though swiping my eyes twice is but a small price to pay in making sure that I get to bed with a clean face, it also meant that my 70ml bottle didn't last too long. And that sucks for a beauty on budget.

So, will I be purchasing this again? Maybe, when I'm a few bucks short of getting the L'Oreal brand. But ever since finishing up the first bottle, I have started using L'Oreal's make-up remover. And I have to say I'm liking it better. But more on that on another review post.


Feeling: Photobucket reflective
All ears to: No Aphrodisiac The Whitlams
Curled up in bed with: (still no time to read a book)

No comments:

Post a Comment