Friday, February 8, 2008

Dreaming of Paris

If there's any place in the world for which I'd give anything just to visit, it would have to be Paris, France. In pictures, Paris is breathtaking, kind of like a place where you can pretend to be a princess.

I've been so fascinated by the place that every once in awhile I find myself scrounging the 'net not only for drool-worthy Paris tourist spots but also for hotels in Paris. Reality check makes me realize though that Hotel Paris just might be too expensive (when and if I do decide to fulfill my dream travel) for my taste. And, based on experience, it may also be a little too stuffy. Hotels do give you a wonderful view into a city but they do have a tendency of taking away that "authentic" feeling of being in a place. A friend of mine suggested that instead of a hotel, I might want to consider a Paris bed and breakfast. He's been to Paris twice (lucky, lucky kid) and his latest Paris adventure landed him in a bed and breakfast. He says that Paris bed and breakfast is the best way to actually enjoy Paris. You get to mingle with Parisians, which means you get to hear the oh-so-romantic French being spoken and you get insider tips on the must-visit places, shops, and restaurants.

All these talks of Paris is again driving me into looking at Paris bed and breakfast then I'll daydream about the day I'll finally afford to actually be there...

No comments:

Post a Comment