Saturday, July 29, 2006

Stories

Goodbye Sunken, Hello Makati

The week it happened, I was really pining for my walks around U.P.'s Sunken Garden. They were always calming. And eventhough they never solved my problems, they always eased my tired thinking mind and - even for just awhile - put me to a world where no problems exist. Maybe it's the non-achievement of the missed Sunken walks that made me irritable. Or maybe it's the boss picking on me. But on that day, I was just really on a bad mood. And Pok had a suggestion: canned beer, while walking around Makati. Walking. Nice. Walking with alcohol. Nicer. Makati may not be Sunken, but it will do for that night.

And many nights, it seems.

That night started a great tradition for Pok and me. But that's getting ahead of the story. Back to that one night...

Alcohol in hand (concealed, of course), we walked around Makati aimlessly. I don't even remember what exactly we talked about. But of course office issues won't be missing. And the usual chika and tsismis. And jabs at fashion. And love stories. Or the non-existence of it. All I remember is that the calming effect that walks around Sunken Garden had was also present in that night we walked around Makati. And we both felt it. And we both knew it wasn't the last night we'll be doing what we have dubbed as aimless walks.

Sunken, for now I bid you adieu. Karen has found a new haven. Hello, Makati.

* * * *

Aimless Walk 2

When we said that the aimless walk won't be the last, we didn't know its follow-up will come really soon. Speak "next night" soon.

Everybody at the PM shift had a bad office day. And they were introduced to the aimless walks. Just like the night before, aimless walk office edition was nice. It had the same effect: at the end of the night, office matters were buried and we all went home (hopefully) feeling better.

* * * *

CineMALAYA

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It was a perfect day. Pok and I spent our day watching indie films vying for fame (and prize money) at the annual indie filmmaking compet, CineMALAYA. We watched In Da Red Corner (blah, could've been promising though with its nice premise), Shorts A [Labada, Gee-Gee at Waterina, No Passport Needed, 10:25 Ng Gabi, and Kuwarto] (really fun, except for 10:25 Ng Gabi, which was depressing and No Passport Needed, which was really predictable), and Nasaan Si Happiness (kulang but still a fun watch).

The day was also an eye-opener. That day, I had before me the "where you should be" scenario. That - production - should be what I'm doing. And in a world I considered my own, I suddenly felt lost. And I felt the need to go back. Which I hope I'll be doing soon with Pok's brilliant idea.

The day was capped with our favorite Gerardo's chicken with white sauce. Plus a 'meaningful' stare from neighbor krushie.

*I missed Ang Huling Araw ng Linggo, Rotonda, Tulad ng Dati, and Donsol...I wish I'll be able to watch 'em still. ='(

* * * *

Neighbor Krushie

He's been giving me "the stare" lately. 'Yun lang. =p

* * * *

U.P., What Happened?

"Chris Tiu is one cute guy. But I hate him...he's one of the reasons U.P. lost. You know the drill, walang hihirit. Unless you wanna feel the wrath of one Karen Regpala. Hehe! ", BTW, Toti Almeda was standing beside me awhile ago. Heaven."

Read my text message to Rem after U.P.'s game against Ateneo (which I watched with Loi, who had a sign that said, "YOU HAVE BEEN MAROONED" - a sign captured by the UAAP cameras a couple of times, which is eewie because U.P. lost!). U.P. had a good start and lagged at the end of third to fourth quarter. In the end, we lost (I don't remember the score). Aargh. I'd like to say babawi kami, but...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We lost the third game to Adamson University. Also had a great start. But we lost by two points. Sigh.

* * * *

Charles

I am playing with fire. . . . . . . . .

* * * *

Attached Guy Magnet

Yep, that's me. I don't know why, but I seem to attarct guys who are not single. And tonight just made me realize that.

A lesson in Karen history:

- My mom's friend. Very much married, with three kids. The nerve of the guy, he kept asking my mom to introduce him to me.

- Lorenz. Living in with his "wife" whom he has a kid with. And when he tried to make a play at me, his "wife" was pregnant.

- Benj. The bestfriend who kept on inviting me out for a date but who turned out to be attached. And yes, he still kept on inviting me out even after telling me he had a girlfriend (and I'm pretty sure it was not just a 'friendly' date...I know this guy too much).

- Migs. Went out on a date (or is that two?) with him and found out later on that he had a girlfriend.

- Those numerous DOMs at a conference I video-crewed for. They were all married and kept asking for my number. One even said he'll send me load. Yuck.

- Benj again. I gave him a second chance. Stupid move. He was still attached. Grr.

- Eugene. He started being nice and all to me. Okay, not nice...flirty. Calling me at my house, throwing "You're getting prettier" comments almost everyday, etc. And he told me he was single. Thanks to beloved friends, I found out that he was actually married. Rawr.

- Gay vocalist. I've mentioned him before. That friggin' a$$h*le.

The latest addition to this list is this guy who approached me tonight. He seemed nice and all, making small conversations, throwing li'l compliments here and there. He even offered to take me home. Of course I said no, this was the first time I met the guy! And later on, he asked me if I have a boyfriend to which I have another "no" for an answer. And what did he say next? "Ako may girlfriend. Six years na kami." WTF? And he was really blunt in saying that he was attracted to me AFTER ADMITTING THAT HE HAS A GIRLFRIEND!!!

* * * *

The End x7


Feeling: Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Giddy
All ears: I Won't Say (I'm In Love) The Cheetah Girls ---> I'm on Disney mood these days!
Trapped: Hunger Elise Blackwell

No comments:

Post a Comment