Friday, January 25, 2008

A virtual upset: Tsonga defeats Nadal in Aussie Open semis

Nadal and Tsonga, Australian Open 2008 semis

I was still at work, far away from a television set when Loi sent me this SMS: "Are you watching? Rafa is losing to Tsonga (who looks like a tsonggo)".

My initial reaction was, "What? No. Where's the TV? I need to watch this!" But as I said, I was faraway from the TV set and the rational in me said that I cannot go home just to watch the match. So I just asked Loi to keep me updated.

At around 7:30, 8pm, he told me that I can officially weep: Nadal lost to the Frenchman -- 6-2, 6-3, 6-2. It was really a huge upset, especially since Nadal is ranked 2nd and Tsonga not even seeded in the Top 30 (he's number 38, to be exact). It was more upsetting because, well, where will I get my Nadal fix now? Damn that Tsonga! I wish Federer will make him weep and bleed during the Finals!!!

On a happy note: Look at the picture above. Rafael Nadal has to-die-for muscles! I can just imagine being wrapped in those arms. +cue daydream+


Feeling: Photobucket happy because it's payday
Curled up in bed with: If Only Geri Halliwell
All ears to: Torpedo Eraserheads

No comments:

Post a Comment