Sunday, January 18, 2009

Random thoughts on a lazy Sunday morning

friends with benefit

...is fun. But can get pretty tiring. Especially when you've started to invest more than you should.

* * * *

I woke up to a dramatic SMS from a really good gay friend. S/he shared about how a months long unrequited love is still making him/her shed tears. And I honestly, honestly felt the pain.

It's easy to say, "Move on. There are still other fishes in the ocean." but when you're in that position where my friend is (and where I once was - is?), it's hard to heed that advice. Because deep inside, you do know that letting go and moving on is the best thing to do but that no matter what you do you just can't seem to do so. It's not stubbornness; it's that hope that perhaps you didn't make a wrong decision after all and that one day, your love becomes not so unrequited after all. Choosing to hang on may be a stupid decision, but as they say, heart is the dumb blonde of the body and no matter what you tell it, it stands with its stupidity.

All these makes me remember the latest McDonald's commercial...the one that makes me teary-eyed everytime I see it:



* * * *

For some weird reason, I feel like The Cranberries' Linger is my 'song of the moment'.

Sigh.



Feeling: Photobucket melancholic
All ears to: Stars: The Best of 1992 - 2002 The Cranberries
Curled up in bed with: A Personal History Katharine Graham

No comments:

Post a Comment